Protocols and Procedures in the time of COVID-19
Keeping our Dancers Safe - latest Update March 6th, 2022
Since dance studios were permitted to reopen in August 2020, Downtown Dance Factory has been keeping dancers healthy by following strict safety measures and state, local and CDC mandated guidelines. In keeping with this practice, our COVID-related policies have now been updated to reflect the changes at the state and local level that went into effect in early March, 2022.
As of Monday March 7th:
- In keeping with Mayor Adams announcement that masks are no longer required in NYC schools, Downtown Dance Factory is now mask optional.
- Given the expiry of Key to NYC, Downtown Dance Factory no longer requires those on our premises to show proof of vaccination.
If these guidelines change, Downtown Dance Factory will adapt with them.
In terms of isolation and quarantine protocols in the case of infection or exposure, DDF follows the recommendations of the CDC which can be found here.
While masks are now optional, we are still remaining vigilant about keeping our community safe. As such, these measures are still in place:
- Hand sanitizer is available for all to use as needed. Touchless hand-sanitizer stations are installed in the waiting areas and all studios, and touchless soap and paper towel dispensers are installed in all bathrooms.
- Frequently touched surfaces are wiped down at regular intervals.
- Upgrades were completed for the whole building to increase outside fresh air intake, and the building has installed MERV-13 compliant filters, best practice for COVID minimization.
- We ask that all students/families/staff who have any form of illness continue to take these symptoms very seriously. Dancers should remain home if they are unwell.
Please click here to read about and to register for classes at Downtown Dance Factory.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
- We are now allowing grown-ups to stay in our waiting areas, but we strongly urge everyone to respect that there is limited space. Therefore if you can "carpool" or avoid bringing a stroller or extra people along, please do.
- Dancers requiring an adult to accompany them to class can be dropped off on the 4th or 5th floor at their studio door at class time. Adults do not have to stay during class time.
- Please have your dancer use the restroom prior to arrival to avoid unnecessary wait times at the restrooms.
- Dancers who do not require adult accompaniment may ride the elevator and wait for their class to start in our waiting area. If dancers are allowed to leave the studio without a parent/caregiver, you must complete our self-dismiss form here.
- Dancers should not arrive more than 5 minutes before class time and should leave the studio promptly at the end of the class.
What if My Dancer Takes More Than Once Class in a Row ...
- Between classes, dancers can wait in the common areas on either the 4th or 5th floor.
- They may bring a tidy snack for between classes.
- Dancers are encouraged to come fully dressed for their class. If your dancer has more than one class, they can use our changing rooms in between classes. Many dancers also choose to "leo layer", wearing one leotard beneath the other for a quick change that does not require changing rooms.